منتديات زهران  

صحيفة زهران

دواوين شعراء زهران

العودة   منتديات زهران > المنتديات العامة > المنتدى التعليمي > English Language Forum

The rocking-horse winner

English Language Forum

إضافة ردإنشاء موضوع جديد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 07-06-2009, 04:10 PM
الورّاق الورّاق غير متواجد حالياً
موقوف

الورّاق is on a distinguished road
Red face The rocking-horse winner

[align=center]D. H. Lawrence
The rocking-horse winner

Most beautiful novel I have ever read is this novel , so I liked put
It here support you toward life :

There was a family who suffer from the problem of lack of money .
They have to keep up their social position . The mother wants to do something to increase the income of the family but she could not . She says that her love to her husband turned to dust . She no longer loves him . She says that she is unlucky . Her family lost all their money in gambling . The husband ( who did not appear but once ) is also unlucky , he lost his money in gambling .
The two girls need money for schooling . Children can hear the sound of the house asking money in whispering ( Exaggeration ) . Paul ( Hero ) tries hard to stop whispering . It increases in Christmas Days ? Why ? Because people need more money in this time of the year . They need to purchase new clothes , food , presents .
Paul decides to bet , then his mother warns him of gambling or betting because he is unlucky like his father . He used to go to his room and rides his rocking horse , rocking it violently , madly into space . When he was rocking his wooden horse , he can hear a divine sound telling him about the winner horse . Bassett ( the Gardner ) is a partner with Paul , Bassett tells uncle Oscar Creswell that his nephew ( Paul ) bets . He knows the winner horse from inspiration . The rocking – Horse tells him about the winner horse . Uncle Oscar Creswell wants to be a partner with his nephew , he promises Paul to keep it secret . Uncle Oscar is a rich man who has a big car . He wants to help the family , he gives the lawyer 5000 pounds to give them to the mother telling her that a relative left his sum of money for her , the mother takes the money without asking who this relative is ? ( who is obviously Paul )
The mother used to work in a studio secretly , but why ? she used to draw ladies in fur to increase her income . His son ( Paul ) begins to lose his concentration , when he is not making sure , he bets with little money . Sometimes he does not hear the name of the winner horse . At the end , the boy gets sick , he asks Bassett to bet on ( Malabar ) which eventually won the race and gets 80,000 pounds .
The mother becomes happy , then Paul says ; I am lucky mother ( he knew that he was going to die ), she says ; you never was , then the boy died .
The mother got the money but lost the source of this money . [/align]

Best wishes : Alwarraq
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 07-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
سـحـــاب

قلم مميز

الصورة الرمزية سـحـــاب

سـحـــاب is on a distinguished road
افتراضي رد: The rocking-horse winner

[align=center]Thank you, Warraq for this remarkable short story. In fact, I have never read it before nor have I heard about that author despite my affection for such breath-catching pieces of literature.
What really made me stop reading and think was the mother's explanation as what happiness could mean. She put in plain words to Paul that happiness was "What causes you to have money," She explained if someone was lucky, he or she, according to her, would have money. The unlucky fine-looking mother believed that it was better to be born lucky than rich. She gave her son a good reason as "If you're rich, you may lose your money. But if you're lucky, you will always get more money," You see, brother, how housewives can also be real philosophers.
[/align]

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
التوقيع
kinanese@
أخر مواضيعي
سـحـــاب غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
قديم 08-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
الورّاق
موقوف

سحـــــاب

It great honor to pass through here

I confess that this nove has impressed me very much , it made me sad

and alot of thinking about this hard-heart mother

I was double-emotion , sad & impressive

Thank you
الورّاق غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
قديم 08-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
فراشه شفافه

الصورة الرمزية فراشه شفافه

فراشه شفافه is on a distinguished road

Alwarraq

about this
story

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
التوقيع

[ رَبِ .. غَلّفْ قَلبٍي بٍسعآدهً بَعدهآ لاَ أشقىّ ..
وَهِبْ لِـ روُحيٌ طمأنّينةً لآ تَفنّى .. ]
أخر مواضيعي
فراشه شفافه غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
قديم 08-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
الورّاق
موقوف

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة فراشه شفافه   مشاهدة المشاركة

Alwarraq

about this
story

[align=center]Thank You Farasha[/align]
قديم 11-06-2009, 04:11 AM   #6
السنافية

الصورة الرمزية السنافية

السنافية is on a distinguished road

[align=center]What a well-written comment I came across
!!!!
I have been always assuming that (someone) here is an incomparable person. His posts, even though rare, are so special in both Arabic and English. Thank you, all. A special thank to Al-Warraq for this nice story
[/align]
السنافية غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
قديم 11-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
الورّاق
موقوف

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة السنافية   مشاهدة المشاركة

[align=center]What a well-written comment I came across
!!!!
I have been always assuming that (someone) here is an incomparable person. His posts, even though rare, are so special in both Arabic and English. Thank you, all. A special thank to Al-Warraq for this nice story
[/align]

oh, please .

Dont make me shy

yoyr pass is really appreciated

Thank you Snafeya
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
الانتقال السريع

المواضيع المتشابهه للموضوع : The rocking-horse winner
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
افضل برنامج للتحكم بالكمبيوتر ونظامه WINner Tweak 3 Pro 3.8.0 mshaz1000 المدرسة الإليكترونية 9 07-06-2007 02:20 PM

الساعة الآن 12:03 PM.